Galați's port is the largest river and sea port on the Danube and the second largest in Romania. Located in the city of Galati, the port is an important source of income for the city, and has attracted many national and international companies operating here.
Among these we mention:
- Damen Group, a Dutch company that owns the Galați shipyard, having as activity naval constructions;
- ArcelorMittal, the largest integrated plant in the country and a leader in the manufacture of steel products;
- Metaltrade - port operations through Port Bazinul Nou SA and Docuri SA companies.
- Total area: 864,131 sqm;
- Number of port basins: 2 (Docuri), (Bazinul Nou)
- Quay length: vertical=4.675 m; pereat=2.390 m;
- Number of operational berths: 56;
- Winter harbour/operations
- Railway connection: length=12.348m (Ecartament European);
- Wide gauge railway - along the operating berths;
- Rail tariff point;
- Railway connection;
- Parking places for trucks;
- Goods storage facilities (open platforms and closed warehouses);
- Port equipment for ship operation;
- Silo for cereals;
- Ship waste management: household waste, wastewater and bilge water;
- Bunkering operations.
- Ship maintenance facilities;
- Free Zone;
- Custom house;
- "DAMEN" Shipyard;;
- Cereal terminal;
- Container terminal;
- Oil terminal;
- Safety in accordance with the ISPS code.